Total Pageviews

Contact Us

Contact us if you need a pillow by email sbpillow@gmail.com or call 256-767-0019. We will mail free of charge anywhere in the United States or if you know a cancer center that would benefit several, we would be happy to do that also.

Friday, February 5, 2010

New Beginnings

Hello World of 2010!!!
My wonderful ladies that help me sew pillows each week have generously finished about 10
lap quilts which I donated to my church to be sent to Haiti. These ladies are so giving and
loving.
They are now working on pillowcases also for the homeless shelter. They are all senior citizens, ranging from different ages and different ailments. Some days their bodies try to tell them because of their ailments they are limited to what they can do for themselves or other people.
But on craft day, they do not take "no" for an answer. They work hard and lovingly with hands that are crippled with arthritis, eyes that do not see very well, and bones that just plain ache. The finished product is beautiful to me, because I know the sacrifice these women have taken just to be there and the love behind each stitch.
If you get one of our pillows, you are truly, truly blessed. I am sorry for the reason you have
received it, but the love that went in it is powerful. I guarantee it.

No comments: